Friday, January 15, 2016

Do the work and trust in the Lord


Do the work and trust in the Lord

I been struggling to put this concept to words for the past few weeks.  I've been asked by others to explain our business - the why, how, what, when, and where.  In a nut shell, we do the work and trust the Lord.  There is no doubt that work needs to be done.  There are tasks associated with earning money.  There are functions of ownership that calls for action and direction.  There is stress in decision making and from outside influences.  Basic business principle can be taught and education is very important.  However, the day to day operation of a business is something that must be experientialy learned. 

Since the inception of our business I have trusted the Lord for guidance, direction, and insight.  I learned at a young age to trust Him with the most important aspects of life (sometime ask me to tell you the story of my hot red headed wife).  For me, if it's important, I talk with God about it.  This direction has blessed us beyond measure.  It's a way to guide the ship in smooth and rough waters.  Does this mean I sit back, wait for God to "tell me something" and roll in piles of cash all day?  No way!  It means I get direction and then I get busy working to accomplish the direction.  It helps me know I am focused on the right things.

How do I  know it's working?  God is evident is our business, in our family, and in our relationships.  We are well provided for and we have pass through the fires that come with owning small businesses.  Is it easy? Yes and no.  It's easy to trust God because of what He's done over the years and where I've seen Him take us.  The challenge of driving the business in a manner that follows Him is at times difficult.  It's also what makes it so worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment